Friday, April 06, 2007

Visita Iglesia.. The modern way

Yesterday, my mom woke us up at around 5:00am because we have to be in San Pablo Cathedral by 6am to attend the annual blessing of the holy oils. We used to attend this mass when we were kids, but since most of us are busy with work, especially my dad, we weren't able to attend the blessing of the oils mass. Anyway, the bishop was already giving his homily when we arrived at the Cathedral around 7am. My siblings and I are in our usual selves poking at each other like kids and my parents would always call our attention and tell us to stop. Hehehe.. The mass ended at around 8:30am and after that we had breakfast then went on with our visita iglesia. We visited around 7 beautiful old churches in the nearby towns and Im so amazed to see that the parishoners there really give money to the church. anyway, you can check out my photoblog entry for the pictures of the churches that we visited: http://joyruth.photoblog.com/user/joyruth/2007/04/05/ .

No comments: